Ministry Objective & Mission: To pursue the vision of East Canton Church of God: that every soul in Northeast Ohio
encounters the glory of God through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to carry out its mission to glorify God by loving God,
loving people, and making disciples of Jesus Christ. The Worship Team accomplishes this by ensuring each offering of
worship is God-honoring, Christ-focused, Holy Spirit-led, and true to God’s Word.
The Worship Team provides musical and worship excellence in these opportunities:
• A blended service held Sundays at 10:00am.
• An “unplugged” service held Wednesdays at 6:20pm.
• Any scheduled special events. Examples include additional services during Holy Week or at Christmas time.
All Worship Team leaders should:
• Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him
• Meet the biblical qualifications for elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
• Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
• Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
• Be a team player with a positive attitude
• Possess the spiritual gifts of leadership (Romans 12:8) and administration (1 Corinthians 12:28)
• Enthusiastically promote the mission, vision, and purposes of East Canton Church of God
• Sense God’s leadership to lead in worship ministry
• Have appropriate education or experience that support a role within this important ministry
• Have ability to recruit, select, and equip volunteers & develop leaders
• Have ability to express God’s Word effectively and meaningfully in worship
• Complete the necessary background checks
The Worship Pastor will achieve success when the following conditions exist:
• Personal, spiritual, & professional growth is regularly and aggressively pursued.
• The vision and philosophy of the Worship Team has been, and continues to be, communicated and a structure
and strategy has been implemented and is continually improved.
• There is regular and routine development, oversight, and training of all levels of leadership within the Worship
• Any sub-group (Choir, Orchestra, Tech, Praise Teams, etc.) is spiritually healthy, growing, and in unity.
• There are demonstrable effects of changed lives and deepening relationships with Jesus Christ at all levels of
leadership with the Worship Team.
• The reputation of the Worship Team and the worship experience at East Canton Church of God is
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor are done with excellence and in glory to God.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Part-time Position: 20-25 hours
Compensation: TBD based on experience
Send resume to: email@example.com or Pastor Greg Smith 201 E Nassau St. East Canton, OH 44730